Monday, March 31, 2014

Florida fleas

I have been having a horrible problem with fleas on my "girls". The topical drops, even prescriptions from the vet have stopped being effective. (to say nothing about it being a poison to the animal if ingested and only kills after the flea bites.) My poodle mix, Reba has extreme allergy to flea bites.
Thought I'd try the collars,  I researched them on the web, most of the negative comments were from Floridians. But I had to give them a try. I think it actually attracts them. That's when it got really bad.
My vet, Dr Rumore, Lake Seminole Animal Hospital, Made a post about a new product, Activyl. I tried it and I'm ecstatic over the results.  This is over the counter (vet visit not needed) but only distributed only through a veterinarian.
Here are a few shots from the Activyl brochure.



 
 Check with your local vet or go to http://us.activyl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment