Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Sorry I let you down

The last 48 hours have been hectic as a grandson on my husbands side of the family, had a life threatening episode. 
He was born a happy healthy baby but before he reached his teens he was diagnosed as M S. and treated accordingly. However he was deteriorating much faster than expected and further testing found it was a genetic problem, one of those orphan  disorders having to do with Y and X chromosomes, 1 person in 10 billion gets. 
If he makes it to his birthday later this month, he will be 22. Can you imagine 22 and knowing for the last 7 years that you could die at anytime? 
I just got word an hour ago that he's breathing on his own and went home. Being tired he laid down to rest, which meant he needed to be on something called a Bi-pap machine to keep his lungs inflated and ease his breathing. Everything went haywire again. Turns out to be the machine was malfunctioning and causes the weak lung to collapse. He's on a new machine and for now things are ok.
So my friends, I should be back on track with my blog tomorrow. 
 
Thanks for being my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment